[vdr] Re: Strange EPG on VOX??

_cooper_ wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > > Those VOX people are really funny guys. First they have no EPG
> > > data and then they do it wrong...
>
> Well, it's not Vox itself but the Astra maintainer SES in Luxembourg.
>
> > > If they don't change this until the weekend, I'll add another EPG
> > > bugfix that sorts this out.
>
> I just contacted the responsible person at Vox, Horst Indek. He will
> have another small discussion with SES in a few minutes about this
> topic ;-) BTW: He was the one who kicked SES to put on the EPG with
> description again.
>
> > Who cares about what the viewer wants?
>
> He does, in the limits of time he has for this.

I appreciate that very much!
My comment was not specially targeted at VOX, but to the EPG data in
general...

> > Very often I have to look into the good old teletext because there
> > is more program information than in the EPG. That's not what I
> > want.
>
> Hmmm, how? On my VDR I don't have teletext on Vox. Perhaps my
> channels.conf is broken? Could you post just your line (e.g. directly
> to me)?

Set the teletext pid to 71.
channels.conf (ASTRA):  VOX:12188:h:0:27500:167:136:71:0:12060

Then, for example, compare the EPG entry for
  20:15 C.S.I. - Den Tätern auf der Spur
with the corresponding teletext entry (page 332/1)
and you know what I mean...

But as I stated above, this problem is a very common one.
It's the same with ARD, ZDF, etc.

Regards,

Oliver

Home | Main Index | Thread Index