[vdr] Re: cpu cooling

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christian Berger" <einStein@donau.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 3:22 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: cpu cooling

> Am Mittwoch, 11. September 2002 13:24 schrieben Sie:
> > Hi. for now I use my main workstation as a vdr computer; it's liquid
> > cooled so the noise is 0. I'm going to put a less powerful machine theer
> > in the future: I could put a tiny watercooling system but at the meeting
> > this august I've heard something about pipe heat cooler. how is it and
> > where can I take one?
> >
> > thank you bye
> > as
>
> Well for all I know it's a device with a liquid inside which get heated up
> then moves upwards then cools down and moves down again. I think some
> consumer audio amplifiers have them inside, so you you might get them in
> those stores as spare parts.

I've looked for them and it's almost impossible to get them and they are
quite expensive.

Now I'm experimenting with the following:

Only one fan (maybe a VERAX) in the power supply, a ZALMAN flower-heatsink
on the CPU directly beneath the power-supply without the additional fan and
a passive
cooler on the graphic-card (e.g. ZALMAN ZM17CU).

Then I'll use tins and open the slot-tin beneath the graphic-card to get one
high-speed
air-flow (use small housings) through the complete housing cooling all
cards.

Depending on the costs I maybe will use a passive power-supply and one 12
cm-fan in the next step.

Don't use regulated fans, as changing RPMs makes more noise than constant
RPM-rates.

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index