[vdr] Problems with the new firmware

I have a TT DVB-C v2.1 card running. The problem is, that the new firmware
keeps crashing.
First it used to crash every now and then, when doing time-shifting. Now
it crashes every time I do timeshifting and try fast forward. Fast forward
works for a few seconds then a crash. After the crash and "Convergence"
text fastforward continues (and does not crash anymore because the
recording has stopped now?), but I have no control of VDR any more.
Also if doing two recordings at once, I get "pixeling effect" or packet
drops to live TV. Also a crash might occur.

After some research, I noticed that the DSP chip, the one that says
AV7111 (Not AV7110) is quite hot if doing time-shifting. After a crash it
cools down almost immediately. Is it possible I'm suffering of heat
problems, since these crashes are really really random, and they seem to
depend on moondots or something. Maybe a heatsink clued on it might help?
Atleast a fan did not seem to help.

I've tested the drivers Klaus supplied with VDR 1.1.9 announcement, and
the latest newstruct drivers (with one buf[] line modified, of course).

Home | Main Index | Thread Index