[vdr] Re: AW: Re: Pro7 commercial filter idea

> Hi,
>
> why not set up a broadcaster-Logo DB and check if the logo is displayed.
> Most do during films, but not during commercials.
>
> An other Idea could be to check (kind a post-processing) if there are
> "replays", because after a commercial the film starts replaying the last
> IMHO 20 seconds..
>
> Just some thoughts...
>
> Martin

That idea is not bad, but...

- some broadcasters change their logo on official holidays
- as I've noticed some broadcasters fade in/out their logo a few moments
before the break resp. a few moments after the break.

When the logo is "missing" (modified/changed...) your box won't record the
whole transmission of what you wanted to record and that would be bad I guess.
:)

I'm not close to MPEG2-DCT as gfiala<at>s.netic.de mentioned but it sounds
interesing and perhaps someone will test it? What came up to my mind is that
some kind of commercialbeak-time-database would be nice for cutting the
recordings. You'll need synced clocks and some kind of starting index for your
recording - perhaps with an offset if one chooses another start-time for the
recording. This would be also great for the overlapped breaks you mentioned.

regards

Markus Struck

http://www.gmx.net

Home | Main Index | Thread Index