[vdr] Re: AW: Re: Pro7 commercial filter idea

Am Freitag, 13. September 2002 12:57 schrieben Sie:

> I'm not close to MPEG2-DCT as gfiala<at>s.netic.de mentioned but it
> sounds interesing and perhaps someone will test it? What came up to my
> mind is that some kind of commercialbeak-time-database would be nice for
> cutting the recordings. You'll need synced clocks and some kind of
> starting index for your recording - perhaps with an offset if one
> chooses another start-time for the recording. This would be also great
> for the overlapped breaks you mentioned.

Well doesn't the MPEG2 stream contain some kind of timecode? mplayer
displays one when playing vdr files. Then we might export edit marks onto
a server.

We might get a database of "edit-points". Or points in general. So we have
points where we know something started, and points telling "at this time
there was a commercial running".

So for a commercial we would have up to 3 points.
1. edit-point (start of recording)
2. info-point (commercial running)
3. edit-point (end of recording)

So if I should somehow notice I'm in the middle of a commercial break, I
simply press a button and set an info-point. If I should notice a
transition between commercials and redactional programming, I can also
press a button.

BTW, would it be possible to list all edit-points in replay/edit mode so
it's easier to delete them?

> regards
>
> Markus Struck

Servus
  Casandro

--
Warning! (this is no commercial ad)
This e-mail probably will be read by secret services.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index