[vdr] Re: Driver crashes very often

----- Original Message -----
From: "Praml Roland" <pram2000@web.de>
To: "Vdr@Linuxtv.Org" <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2002 10:55 AM
Subject: [vdr] Driver crashes very often

> A few days ago I tried VDR-1.1.9 (with the patched driver from Klaus)
> It was working fine. I also updated my VDR-1.0.1 to VDR 1.0.4 for
> "every day use" with the AIO-patch.
> This version was also working fine until yesterday. The driver crashes
> very often.
> Every time VDR wants to start the ARM crashed (I've a crash in the
> logfile ca every 2 Minutes, because I run vdr with the "runvdr" script)
> I tried to load it manually. I've loaded the driver, everything was OK.
> But every time when I tried to start vdr I got a crash.
> I tried also to switch back to VDR-1.0.1. It was the same, with the
> OLD driver and OLD version (which were running fine over monts)
> the arm crashed every time.

Did anyone consider the NEWSTRUCT driver might manipulate IRQ-routing?
Maybe even changing ACPI/APIC/NVRAM-information?

This would be the only possibility problems surviving a reboot with old
drivers.
IRQ/ACPI/APIC-problems could also cause the drop-outs mentioned in
"Picture dropouts with NEWSTRUCT".

Are you sure there were no zombies of the NEWSTRUCT-driver in your
root-partition?

Rene

> Watching TV was impossible yesterday. Today morning VDR run again
> without problems "as if nothing happened"
>
> The Arm becomes not hot, as other people have reported. It is about
> 30°C I think.
>
> So what was my problem yesterday? Is my ARM defect? Sunspots? Bad Signal?
>
> TIA
>
> Roland

Home | Main Index | Thread Index