[vdr] Re: problems with making DVD-plugin

On Monday 16 September 2002 08:18, Lauri Tischler wrote:
> Andreas Schultz wrote:
> > There is patch for vdr-1.1.8 included in the dvd-0.0.8 plugin which you
> > have to apply first. However, i suggest that you use vdr-1.1.9 (which
> > includes that patch) and dvd-0.0.9.
> > All dvd plugin version below 0.0.9, have a rather strong dependance on a
> > specific vdr base version due the fast development pace of vdr. That and
> > the needed patch where the main reasons i did not announce those version
> > on the list.
>
> DVD plugin does not appear to work with NEWSTRUCT.
> Am I correct or just doing something wrong ?

The NEWSTRUCT driver hase been running for me more or less stable since the
announcement of the new features. DVD playback works normal here.
The SPU decoder and the a52 decoder got changed a lot in the latest versions.
Those changes where supposed do not change the basic behavior. But as always
when doing radical changes, some bits did broke. The SPU stuff still has some
quirks left, e.g. normal subtitles do not work at the moment. The a52 decoder
seems to generate presentation timestamps slightly different that before,
leading to jumpy video or audio playback on some DVD's that used to work
before.
Appart from that DVD playback should be stable with all versions of the
driver.

Have fun

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index