[vdr] AW: cpu cooling

http://www.heise.de/ct/02/18/006/
Flüsterleise PCs:
Grundlagen, Tipps, Bezugsquellen
Geräuscharme Komplettsysteme
Kühler für Athlon und Pentium 4

means in c´t 18/2002 are good articles about this problem and there is a tower case with passive PSU and Heatpipe for the CPU that puts the heat to the right side of the case, its a complete system but the producer plans to release the case itself later

PC Silentium!
www.deltatronic.info

imho that won´t help that much because the good old DVB-S produces a lot of heat and you would need a "designed" heatpipe for for every card to still have a fan-less system, i talked with sombody on the reallive meeting about that, we will have to find a producer of a headpipe that fits heatpipe to our needs (pipe from the chip to slot beside the dvbs where a the normal "slot-metal-fig" is connected to it  and from outside a passive coller"
even if we find a "cheap" heatpipe you will have to "connect" it on the side of the  dvbs to a mettal plate (wich will be glued to the chip) and the other side to the metal-fig (all mechanical connections will have to be with less as possible heat resistents)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index