[vdr] Re: How could the subvendor ID of my board change? (was: Suddenproblem on loading dvb card drivers)

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 nospamford@creators.net wrote:
> It seems to be, that the subvendor ID of my board has changed.
> If I set the return value of the dvb.c function get_card_type() to "DVB_CARD_TT_SIEMENS", the driver will be loaded.
>
> Does anybody know how the subvendor ID of my board could change?
>
> Tonight I will check if I really get a picture on TV.

  I had a Hauppage DVB-C v2.1 card from satland.de which developed exactly
the same condition.  First the subvendor changed a bit, the some other PCI
details started to change, then everything went to 0xffff and finally the
card was not showing on PCI scan any more.  This happened during a couple
of hours.

  This card was a replacement to a card that had a faulty ves1820 chip.
The second replacement card worked well, and was apparently of a different
revision than the two non-working versions.  In total I have had two
non-working and two working versions of the same card.

  I have collected all details I recorded - serial numbers, chip revisions
etc - of the four cards here, as well as all email conversations with
satland and hauppage support, and some pictures too:

http://www.iki.fi/hyvatti/dvbserials.html

--
Foreca Ltd                                           Jaakko.Hyvatti@foreca.com
Pursimiehenkatu 29-31 B, FIN-00150 Helsinki, Finland     http://www.foreca.com