[vdr] Re: new vdr user's questions

colin wrote:
> I've just started using vdr and have a couple of questions:
just go on asking...

> 1. When you record a program by selecting Record from the Schedule
> submenu does vdr just use the official start/end times minus/plus a
> couple of minutes?
It uses the start/stop times it gets out of the EPG +/- the start/stop
margin you can setup in the settings.

> Whilst it appears that the satellite channels don't send out VPS signals
> (anyone know why not?) isn't there any other data one can go on?
IMHO VPS is not standardized in DVB so no one can simply invent such a
system....

> 2. I've recorded a program and renamed the directory from the command
> line. Now it doesn't appear in the list of recordings. Is the list of
> available recordings stored in a file or something?
The recodring directory must have a specified structure:

YYYY-MM-DD.HH:MM.Prio.Duration.rec

> 3. Is it possible to play recordings using the videolan (vls and vlc) software?
There is a program called dvbvideolan. Search the ML archive for it.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index