[vdr] Re: new vdr user's questions

Steffen Koch wrote:

> IMHO VPS is not standardized in DVB so no one can simply invent such a
> system....

That's a pity. Does that mean all your recordings of programs which
start more than 10 min late are chopped? Obviously. This seems to put
Sat technology back about 15 years compared to terrestral/cable doesn't
it? At least as far as user-friendliness goes.

> > 2. I've recorded a program and renamed the directory from the command
> > line. Now it doesn't appear in the list of recordings. Is the list of
> > available recordings stored in a file or something?
> The recodring directory must have a specified structure:
>
> YYYY-MM-DD.HH:MM.Prio.Duration.rec

Sorry, slightly misleading question on my part. The
YYYY-MM-DD.HH:MM.Prio.Duration.rec directory is there - it's a
subdirectory of the directory I renamed (i.e. the name of the film).

> > 3. Is it possible to play recordings using the videolan (vls and vlc) software?
> There is a program called dvbvideolan. Search the ML archive for it.

Thanks.

colin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index