[vdr] Using Service Information to control recording (was: new vdr user's questions)

Lauri Tischler wrote:

> Steffen Koch wrote:
> >
> > IMHO VPS is not standardized in DVB so no one can simply invent such a
> > system....
>
> Well, no VPS but DVB Specification for Service Information defines
> such a thing as 'running status' which teoretically could be used
> to control recording etc..
> I dont know if broadcasters really use that indicator.

I watch mostly the German Astra stuff (ARD, Pro7 etc). My receiver displays
the name and planned start/end times of the current programme for all of
these channels.

I assume this is the Service Information mentioned above.

Is this information available from DVB ?

colin

PS: The following link seems to be broken

http://www.linuxtv.org/download/dvb/linux_dvb_api-20010917.pdf

Home | Main Index | Thread Index