[vdr] Re: What about time?

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Luca Merega (LM) wrote:

LM> Why the time on the OSD is back by 2 hours?
LM> Is there any way to set it every time Linux starts?
LM> I tried to use the VDR menu, but it does not synchronize :(
LM> Ideas?

probably  your  (hardware)clock is running local time but linux assumes it
running   UTC.   changing   that   behaviour   depends   on  distribution.
(essentially, you just have to run hwclock at boot/shutdown with the right
parameter,  but it depends on the distribution, _where_ you have to change
this parameter)

 c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de