[vdr] Re: AW: Idea about using vdr without hardware mpeg2 decoder

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bläser, Lars" <LBlaeser@hofheim.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 3:21 PM
Subject: [vdr] AW: Idea about using vdr without hardware mpeg2 decoder

> > Von: David Philippi [mailto:lists@torangan.de]
> > Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 18. September 2002 11:13
> > An: 'vdr@linuxtv.org'
> > Betreff: [vdr] Idea about using vdr without hardware mpeg2 decoder
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Since I belong to the people who own a DVB card without TV
> > out due to the
> > fact that I'd prefer to use the TV out of my graphic card I
> > thought a bit
> > about the problem.
> > I've just tested that a cat somefile | mplayer - works, so I
> > wonder why there
> > isn't a plugin that just takes the MPEG 2 stream of vdr an
> > pipes it to
> > mplayer. Real recording should be as simple as writing the
> > data into a file
> > first and writing it to stdout second. I guess it wouldn't be
> > possible to
> > insert OSD in this case but using kvdr this shouldn't be that

You can't use KVDR with a low-budget card as it doesn't have
 a V4L interface to grab the picture.

> > much of a
> > problem.
> > Am I missing some problems here?
>
> yeaa just write a plugin for the new 1.1.x version and a lot people will
be very happy :-)

This would be a lot of work. Especially the OSD renderer.
That's why I'm waiting for the DXR3-plugin. DXR3 can only handle SPU,
so an renderer for SPU is needed for that plugin. When the DXR3-plugin is
ready,
we can use a pipe into MPlayer instead of the hardware-driver ...

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index