[vdr] AW: [very] Re: AW: Trusted Transponder

MG> >With all this discussion about setting the clock I wonder what
would be
MG> >'the' trusted transponder from your experience ?
MG> >IOW. which transponder is know to have an accurate time and ist
used as
MG> >trusted transponder ?
MG>
MG> IMHO  "ARD" for Germany

>well, there's no such thing like "for Germany":
>either the transponder transmits UTC, then it's good for all, or it
does
>not, then I wouldn't take it for the time service.

Indeed i don't know if it is UTC ARD provides.
For me german speeking, in Germany resident, with local time BERLIN and
the cmos set to UTC it is the right Transponder.
Other people in f.e. italy might not be interested in german ARD
(missing in their channels.conf) so they have to find out their own.
So IMHO I think you can't say there is one good for all.

Martin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index