[vdr] Re: AW: Idea about using vdr without hardware mpeg2 decoder

On Thursday 19 September 2002 13:45, you wrote:
> (Why not using keyboard directly on a tty?) You also don't have any

Didn't know that this would work. Makes life easier since I didn't yet manage
to run kvdr since my RedHat 7.3 has KDE 2 libs but no headers (and both for
KDE 1 - I guess I'll use Debian soon) and the binary needs some .so I only
have as .a.

> feedback of VDR without the OSD. No way to handle things like cutting

I don't need cutting. The only things I'd like to have would be watching
through MPlayer without recording so that I've got a chance to display it on
TV and some way to program vdr to record later - I don't mind if I have to
create the timestamps by hand instead of using the OSD.

> I suggest to decode the MPEG/AC3 with the libavcodec-library from ffmpeg,
> send the audio to OSS/ALSA, render the OSD (maybe you can even use the
> bitmaps created by VDR), overlay the OSD to the video and copy it into the
> framebuffer of the graphic-card.

I'd consider doing this but unfortunately I've never done graphic programming
and I don't know where to learn more about this. If someone would point me
to documentation or even better offer to explain the basics to me I'd try to
learn this.

Bye David

Home | Main Index | Thread Index