[vdr] Re: AW: Idea about using vdr without hardware mpeg2 decoder

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Philippi" <lists@torangan.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 10:49 AM
Subject: [vdr] Re: AW: Idea about using vdr without hardware mpeg2 decoder

> On Wednesday 18 September 2002 18:49, you wrote:
> > This would be a lot of work. Especially the OSD renderer.
>
> For my case I was thinking about ignoring the OSD rendering and using kvdr
> control vdr.

KVDR won't work, as you need a V4L-source - or you have to patch it.
(Why not using keyboard directly on a tty?) You also don't have any feedback
of VDR without the OSD. No way to handle things like cutting without OSD!
Andreas Schulz has created classes for OSD2SPU-rendering when he started
his first steps with the DXR3-card. Maybe you can ask him about information
and parts of the code.

I suggest to decode the MPEG/AC3 with the libavcodec-library from ffmpeg,
send the audio to OSS/ALSA, render the OSD (maybe you can even use the
bitmaps created by VDR), overlay the OSD to the video and copy it into the
framebuffer of the graphic-card.

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index