[vdr] Re: AW: Idea about using vdr without hardware mpeg2 decoder

> On Thursday 19 September 2002 15:40, you wrote:
> > I just got another idea. VDR has a compile-option DEBUG_OSD=1, which
> > displays the OSD on stdout (e.g. on the tty VDR has been started from).
> > When decoding A/V-stream with libavcodec we could display the video
> > on a second tty for the beginning and search for a overlay-solution on
> one
> > tty later ...
>
> If I've got the OSD on console, why not just pipe the full stream into
> MPlayer?
>
> Bye David

Why not use the mplayer v4l interface ? Xawtv can display all my vdr output
on my monitor, so if mplayer would be able to do that , you can do an mplayer
-vo vesa or similar and have tv-out over graphic-card without even Setting
up X.....

Hope there is such a way, would be nice for integrating games an so on ;o)

--
Werden Sie mit uns zum "OnlineStar 2002"! Jetzt GMX wählen -
und tolle Preise absahnen! http://www.onlinestar.de

Home | Main Index | Thread Index