[vdr] Suggestion for the LinVDR (VDRAdmin)

Hi,

First i would say that LinVDR is a great prog. and i use it for every
programming that i make. But nothing is perfect and so i would tell
you my ideas for improving the usability.

1. I find it's helpful when we can see the priority of the timer in
   the timer_list (f.e. to see the winner of an overlapping timer) and
   in the rec_list (f.e. to see what's auto-deleted next)

2. The same for the lifetime in the timer_list (to check the lifetime
   of all timers with one look). In the rec_list you can add the
   lifetime to the date and show it in a new field, when the date is
   reached you can write "free" or something in it (so we can see when
   the timer is free for delete).

3. The improvement of the two above ideas were when we can select
   (checked) multiple timer or recordings and change the lifetime or
   priority with one button (like the delete-button at the bottom)

4. For the day-column in the timer_list i would prefer a font like
   courier because every sign has the same width (so the S in ------S
   stands exact above the S in MDMDFSS)

5. I think it's nice that when a timer is for a special day (f.e. 22)
   that shows also the weekday (22 Sun)(f.e. with "date +%a_%d" and
   then add the number of days)

6. The sorting order in the VDR-OSD (what's recording next) is very
   practicable. I think it's good when we can switch in the timer_list
   between this two sorting orders.

7. I think a hard to implement feature: When it's possible you can
   implement in the head of the HTML Page a display where we can see
   which device is currently recording (and bonus infos f.e. on which
   program)

8. A bonus feature: You can implement a remote control in the head.

And maybe a bug:
   When i edit a timer and f.e. in the Lifetime stands a 5 (instead of
   05) then it comes to an error when would save them.

So what do you think about this features, and is it possible that some
or all of them find there way to a further version? I have a look at
the code but i can't perl and so i can't help unfortunately for the
programming but for testing or other thinks i'm ready to help.

HearU,
 Pietro Pizzi

--
<mailto:mail@pietro-pizzi.at>