[vdr] Allwell STB... too slow (with pics)

Hi all, I bought and used Allwell STB 3036 for 20 euro (you can see all
of the pictures http://www.lucamerega.it/stb).
It's really wonderful for a lot of nice features:
1 - LAN Intergated
2 - Video out on TV directly (even the bios!!!)
3 - Keyboard + Remote control Infrared
4 - The Remote Control emulates keyboard keystrokes so no lirc needed
5 - 1 PCI slot and 1 ISA/PCI
etc. etc.

The problem is that the CPU is too slow :(
Even with a very light SuSE 7.3, the 233 Mhz Cyrix is really slow.
I overclocked it to 300 Mhz, but it's not enough.
Hard problems in recording, or better, in replaying the recorded movies,
jumps and so on.

I am looking for a K6-2 333 Mhz used (I found one for 5 euro) but I am
not sure it can run at 33 Mhz 10x (the maximum bus speed is 33 Mhz and
the max multiplier is 10x).

Do you think that changing distribution could be helpful?

Thx in advance.

Luca

--
Prendi GRATIS l'email universale che... risparmia: http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
Scopri la nuovissima stampante HP. Design elegante, stampa veloce e di qualità! Scoprila qui!
Clicca qui: http://adv2.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=764&d=23-9

Home | Main Index | Thread Index