[vdr] Re: Allwell STB... too slow (with pics)

Hi Luca,

> Hi all, I bought and used Allwell STB 3036 for 20 euro (you
> can see all of the pictures http://www.lucamerega.it/stb).
> It's really wonderful for a lot of nice features: 1 - LAN
> Intergated 2 - Video out on TV directly (even the bios!!!) 3
> - Keyboard + Remote control Infrared 4 - The Remote Control
> emulates keyboard keystrokes so no lirc needed 5 - 1 PCI slot
> and 1 ISA/PCI etc. etc.

Itīs realy nice. Where you have bought it?

> The problem is that the CPU is too slow :(
> Even with a very light SuSE 7.3, the 233 Mhz Cyrix is really
> slow. I overclocked it to 300 Mhz, but it's not enough. Hard
> problems in recording, or better, in replaying the recorded
> movies, jumps and so on.
>
> I am looking for a K6-2 333 Mhz used (I found one for 5 euro)
> but I am not sure it can run at 33 Mhz 10x (the maximum bus
> speed is 33 Mhz and the max multiplier is 10x).

I donīt think so. Normaly old Chipsets have the FSBīs 50, 60 and 66. The
half off them are the PCI Bus Speed but for the CPU you only need the
FSB. If you have the Multiplier 10 you could have a theretical maximium
off 660 MHz for the CPU. Which chipset is on the motherboard? ...That
would be help to know more about that.

Sorry for my english.

Greets
Habib