[vdr] Re: nice features...

"jpulz@frm2.tu-muenchen.de" wrote:

> @Klaus:
> what about my other idea, to define a new field in the channels.conf file
> to set a specific volume-value for every channel, to avoid big differnces
> between the different channels??
> is this possible and do you think that it is a good idea to implement it??

I guess its possible to do that - but I'm not sure if channels.conf is the right
place for this, since this would be a user defined value, and I want to make
channels.conf user and installation independent (that's why I'm going to revise
the DiSEqC handling). Besides, just one value per channel wouldn't be enough, since
the audio level is often also different for each APID. Well, considering this
maybe channels.conf _would_ be the right place for it, since otherwise there
would be a whole lot of cross references necessary between some user channel
setup and the channels.conf.

I'm really not sure yet what to do in that area...

Of course it would be best if the various stations would use a common audio
level - just dreaming...

Klaus