[vdr] Re: split up channels.conf

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 01:13:04PM +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> VDR reads any previous channels.conf file already.
> Extensions have always been made in such a way that newer versions
> of VDR have been able to read older files - and this will still be the
> case in version 1.2.0.

Yep, I know. My point was that with a version number you could implement
radical changes to the channels.conf without affecting backwards
compatibility. IIRC currently new fields can only be added to the end of
the channel strings(?). In some cases the string would be moe usable if
the new parameter could be inserted into the middle of the string.

On the other hand the version number can be introced in that version of
VDR which introduces radical changes to the channels.conf file format  (if
such a version ever emerges), so this might not be relevant right now.

--
  Lauri

Home | Main Index | Thread Index