[vdr] Re: split up channels.conf

Robert Schneider wrote:

> kls@cadsoft.de wrote on 24.09.2002 16:28:35:
>

> > > According to the standard, a service is uniquely identified by
> > > (original_network_id, transport_stream_id, service_id).
> > > service_id is unique within a given transport stream,
> > > transport_stream_id is unique within a given network.
> > > network_ids are allocated in ETSI TR 162,
> > > e.g. 0x0001 for ASTRA, 0x013e for Eutelat.
> >
> > So where's the transponder? I can't tune the DVB card to an
> > "original_network_id"...
> >

> You are absolutely right, but if we had SID, TSID and NID in the line for
> a channel in channels.conf, a [to be developed] scanner could easily
> identify the channel representing that line and could update VPIDs, DPIDs,
> APIDs and TPIDs.

I have no problem with adding further fields to the channels.conf lines.
They won't have any meaning to VDR itself when tuning, but it it helps
a scanner...

So, I take it that the only additional field that would be necessary would
be the "original_network_id", right? You mentioned "SID, TSID and NID" - which
of these are already in channels.conf, and which should be added? I get the
feeling that everybody talking about these parameters uses different abbreviations
or names.

VDR itself would initialize that new field to 0 when creating a new channel
entry and otherwise simply ignore it.

Klaus