[vdr] Re: split up channels.conf

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Robert Schneider wrote:
> > >
> > > So where's the transponder? I can't tune the DVB card to an
> > > "original_network_id"...
> >
> > You are absolutely right, but if we had SID, TSID and NID in the
> > line for a channel in channels.conf, a [to be developed] scanner
> > could easily identify the channel representing that line and could
> > update VPIDs, DPIDs, APIDs and TPIDs.
>
> I have no problem with adding further fields to the channels.conf
> lines. They won't have any meaning to VDR itself when tuning, but it
> it helps a scanner...

I suggest not to add any fields until someone really needs them.

> So, I take it that the only additional field that would be necessary
> would be the "original_network_id", right? You mentioned "SID, TSID
> and NID" - which of these are already in channels.conf, and which
> should be added?

The only field which is in channels.conf is the service_id (SID).

transport_stream_id(TSID) and network_id(NID) are not needed in
channels.conf, because they can be extracted from the received data
stream.

> I get the feeling that everybody talking about these
> parameters uses different abbreviations or names.

Don't panic :-)

> VDR itself would initialize that new field to 0 when creating a new
> channel entry and otherwise simply ignore it.

Oliver

Home | Main Index | Thread Index