Von: Carsten Koch [mailto:Carsten.Koch@icem.de]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 25. September 2002 13:55
An: Malkavian (MHVSS) :[
Cc: Video Disk Recorder Mailing List
Betreff: [vdr] Re: 5.1 digital sound card

Malkavian (MHVSS) :[ wrote:
>>I do.
>>It's working here and I have heard of others that got it to work.
>

> Please tell me wich ones or how to know wich ones if possible...

I personally have a leadtek winfast 4xsound. See:
http://www.leadtek.com.tw/www/Web_Leadtek/multimedia/4xsound.asp

I believe any card that is based on the CMI 8738 chip and has an
optical output should work. IIRC, the Alsa driver module for all CMI 8738
cards is called cmipci.

> Then you are sure (sorry but I want to be very sure) that WINFAST 4x
> sound card support 6 REALLY INDEPENDANT CHANNELS (5.1, 5 speakers and
> 1 subwoofer, NOT 5.1 EMULATED by prologic or wathever) BY using
> DIGITAL OUTPUT (either RCA or Optical) IN LINUX AND WINDOWS.

I cannot be sure if it supports 6 channels, because I do not have a
subwoofer.
I am absolutely sure it supports left front, center, right front, right
back,
left back and all of them independently. I had found a little AC3 test file
somewhere on the web that produces sound output on all channels one after
the
other.
I am using an optical connection, so I am also absolutely sure that works.

I am a bit handicapped at the moment, because we had to tear half my house
down to get rid of a formaldehyde contamination. I'm sitting in the basement
on the floor in front of (except for the router) my only operational PC
(normally I have 9 machines running).
I hope I will be able to help you more after October 15th.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index