[vdr] Re: 5.1 digital sound card

am 25.09.2002 14:45 Uhr schrieb Malkavian (MHVSS) :[ unter
eiaorcoj@xa.lg.ehu.es:

> Really not, I have the fucking Winfast 6x (newer and supposed better
> model than 4x one) that uses CMI 8738 (looking for "winfast 6x chip"
> in http://www.google.com) and it don't support 5.1 throught optical
> output

I have a winfast 6x, and it works. That means: Analog in/out is ok and
digital/optical works both as stereo out and as ac3 out. You have to fiddle
a little bit with alsamixer turning the right options on.
I'm using alsa 0.9 rc2.
Unmuted is: Master, PCM, Synth, Line
Activated is: IEC958 5V, IEC 958 Copyright, IEC958 In Monitor, IEC958 In
Valid, IEC958 Loop, IEC958 Output, Exchange DAC
The DVB Digitalout is connected to the Digital in of the Winfast - you have
to ensure correct polarization - and vdr is started with the -a
/usr/local/bin/ac3dec option.
As there is a lot you can do wrong I recommend
http://www.linuxdvb.tv/documentation/index.html.

Micha

Home | Main Index | Thread Index