[vdr] Re: 5.1 digital sound card

>> Please tell me wich ones or how to know wich ones if possible...
>
>I personally have a leadtek winfast 4xsound. See:
>http://www.leadtek.com.tw/www/Web_Leadtek/multimedia/4xsound.asp
>
>I believe any card that is based on the CMI 8738 chip and has an
>optical output should work. IIRC, the Alsa driver module for all CMI 8738
>cards is called cmipci.

Really not, I have the fucking Winfast 6x (newer and supposed better
model than 4x one) that uses CMI 8738 (looking for "winfast 6x chip"
in http://www.google.com) and it don't support 5.1 throught optical
output, only 2.0. It support 5.1 throuht analog outputs but not throught
digital ones. I need 5.1 digital support, because my speakers are only
digital...

>I cannot be sure if it supports 6 channels, because I do not have a subwoofer.

What strange sound system!! In the leadtek web they says "5.1
support", and subwoofer probably isn't a problem, i think his output
it is obtained of the other channels...

>I am using an optical connection, so I am also absolutely sure that works.

Ok, perfect!

>I am a bit handicapped at the moment, because we had to tear half my house
>down to get rid of a formaldehyde contamination. I'm sitting in the basement
>on the floor in front of (except for the router) my only operational PC
>(normally I have 9 machines running).
>I hope I will be able to help you more after October 15th.

Oh! I'm sorry. I hope you could "live well" soon...
Thank you very much.
Probably I will have bought a new sound card before October 15th but
thank you.

        Bye: Malkavian (MHVSS) :[
President of LinUxers Group from Bizkaia (GLUB)         http://glub.ehu.es
Hackers Venezuela (Hven): The information is power.     www.hven.com.ve
KyM: The Malkavian's webpage: H/P/V/C, role-pplaying, irc... WORKING ON...
Gnu, Gnat, Camel, Penguin, Bat, cat, mutt, lynx, bison, yacc, dog... Save the animals. Use free software.
In a world whitout limits or frontiers what do we wanna have Gates or Windows for. (President of Sun Microsystems)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index