[vdr] Re: split up channels.conf

On Thursday 26 September 2002 13:25, Jeremy Hall wrote:
[...]

> I also do not see how an md5 can be regenerated to match a former
> string.  Try running md5sum on some file twice.

Huh ? If the file didn't change you'll definitely get the *exact* same
md5 sum. But (of course) you can't reproduce a file just having its
md5sum... (*That* would be a cool compression algorithm ;) )

> _J
>
> In the new year, Rene Bartsch wrote:
> > Thanks! :o)
> >
> > But Jaakko Hyvatti's idea just to use the triplet is alright. We won't
> > need a MD5SUM.
> >
> > But I just realized another problem. We could have one channel on several
> > media (e.g. DVB-S/C/T).
> > So we also need a identifier for the source and build the uniqueID with
> > that four numbers.
> >
> > With the triplet we can identify the channel and with the sourceID we
> > select the channels.conf-entry for the source to be used.
> >
> > Rene

- --
with best regards
- ---
Karsten Mueller
Softwaredevelopment / Keyaccount Manager
RATIO Entwicklungen GmbH
Admiralitaetstr. 59
20459 Hamburg
Email: mailto:kmu@ratio.de