[vdr] Re: Shutdown after recording

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Lauri Tischler (LT) wrote:

LT> Sergei Haller wrote:
LT> >
LT> > IMHO, reading those bits is not the way to go.
LT> >
LT> Maybe not directly, but as the clockchip is the only thing alive
LT> when power is turned on the info should be available from there.

well, as I said:
 - it is not clear, if all other chips provide this info
 - on this specific one, you're not able to read the needed bit via
   /dev/nvram
 - and even if we had the info for all the chips, one would still need
   some kind of mb-dependant config for VDR, which is not what we want, I
   think.

Why not use the much more simple algorithm, like the one I already
described in one of my previous mails:
 - at start of VDR check if there's a timer starting within next 10
   minutes
    - if yes, assume automatic start
    - if not, assume manual start
 - at any keypress (svdrp activity?) set this parameter to "manual start"

the shutdown routine would be called in a way like this:

  if ( no-timer-active-or-whatever               &&
       no-timerstart-within-next-MinEventTimeout &&
       (automatic-startup || no-activity-during-past-MinUserInactivity) )
  then
     call-the-shutdown-script
  end if

c ya