[vdr] How to increase VDR-restarts ?

Hi everybody,

On my Box I need to record a channel that only sends data half an hour a
day.
Unfortunately, the time-window within which data is sent varies form day to
day for a few minutes (i.e. some day they start earlier and end earlier,
some day they start later and so on...)
This causes VDR to restart ( I guess this is because no data is coming
anymore or not yet ) on the channel marked for recording.
That fact for itself wouldnīt be the problem - but after restarting for
several times (I guess about 3 to 5 times) the VDR software doesnīt start
again and so all forthcoming timer events canīt be recorded without having
to restart VDR manualy or rebooting the machine.

Anybody got an idea how to circumvent this Problem ?
(Maybe there is a possibility of increasing restarts? Or tell VDR to ignore
no incoming data stream on the channel to record ?)

Thanks for all helpful comments on this in advance

Ciao
Gernot