[vdr] Re: Using different soundcards for vdr and mp3

Stefan Lang wrote:

>Hello List!
>
>One question:
>I want to play my mp3s over a second soundcard... I now the make switch of
>AIO!
>But is it possible to control the mp3-part of vdr without disturbing vdr
>itself! When my girlfriend is watching a soap (schnüff) and I want to hear
>some music over the headspeakers, I can't switch to the next track or album,
>because vdr switches to the next channel. RTFM???

Youd didnt need to read the manual for this, because ist simply not
possible. I did make the patch for soundcard output of mp3, because i
wanted be able to listen to mp3 music while recording with the dvb card.
while changing the mp3 code was really easy ( it was my first
programming attempt on linux;-))
But changing vdr to let the mp3 extension play themusic while recording
was impossible for me. i had have some ideas and tried but to no avail,
because debugging of vdr was really hard for me, because debugging of
threads on linux is not really good supported by gdb. vdr did crash and
i wasnt able to locate the crashe reasons.

>And one problem:
>When playing mp3-tracks directly (via the AIO-feature mentioned above) over
>the soundcard, the music is a little bit to slow. When I switch the "Nur
>48KHz bla benutzen"- Parameter form "yes" to "no", the music is played with
>correct speed, but vdr "looses" this setting every time I select an new
>playlist! Any solutions or suggestions??

The speeed problem seems due to later versions of the mp3 extension,
when i did the patch there have veen no speed problems.

Maybe with the new plugin concept of vdr it would be possible to do a
mp3 plugin which plays the music over the soundcard and stays active
while doing stuff  with the dvb device.
but i dont know, but maybe when i have time i will look into it, but
this maybe over christmas or later ;-)

Gunnar