[vdr] Re: Some suggestions,

Wow, lots of questions/suggestions.
I' try the last one:

> [...]
> * Lastly, if I stick a big heatsink on a pentium 133, will it run cool enough
> as a VDR without a fan? :-)  (sneakily added off-topic question!)

The Pentium will be satisfied with a huge heat sinck, but the DVB-C might get picky about the ambient temperature (esp. in the summer).
I used to have two of them. One is doing fine at hot temperatures, the other one would eventually produce MPEG artefacts when I close the computer housing...
It's your choice.
But this is nothing compared to DVB-S rev.1.3 which I use today. I wouldn't dare running them without a descent colling scheme.

CU,
Christian.