[vdr] Re: Some suggestions,

>* A menu entry (would be a plugin I guess) showing DVB signal strength, error
>rate, etc, just for the geekyness of it all :-)

The AIO patch  has that IMHO.

>* An external plugin (read: perl script) through which all known program data
>is piped, which filters out programs matching a certain keyword or

I think this already exists and is called "Mastertimer"

>* Lastly, if I stick a big heatsink on a pentium 133, will it run cool enough
>as a VDR without a fan? :-)  (sneakily added off-topic question!)

If it's large enough: I think so.
A couple weeks ago I discovered that one of my very old servers here (a
P90 actually) survived for god only knows how long without a cooling
fan, just the passive sink. I would try it, but watch the thing closely
for a couple days....

Thomas