[vdr] Re: Some suggestions,

hi.

> * An external plugin (read: perl script) through which all known
> program data is piped, which filters out programs matching a certain
> keyword or expression, such as an actor/actress, director, or
[...]

master-timer or vdradmind will do such things.

> * Lastly, if I stick a big heatsink on a pentium 133, will it run cool
> enough as a VDR without a fan? :-)  (sneakily added off-topic
> question!)

heat:
i've got a PII-350 (the slot-version) with the fan unplugged (and the
fan of the riva-tnt which is much noisier unplugged too). the only
fan running is the low-noise power-supply fan.

the pc is stored inside a wooden locker in our living room which has
two 30cm holes on the back and one small hole down to the socket near
the front of the locker.

in this situation the cpu has an average temperature of 65C and runs
uninterrupted for over 2 years without any flaws (i'm wondering
myself too *G*). the riva tnt will do some flickering now - but is
used for console operations only now and then.

i've got an old PI-166 with passive cooling (even not a big heatsink)
in my firewall running a compareable time now - so this should be no
problem at all.

performance:
i tried a PI-200 once (in the beginning of vdr) and it didnt work too
good for me - but maybe the motherboards ide chipset was the real
problem.

wbr.tja...

--
tjaSoft - thomas jagoditsch
systemAnalyse - softWareTechnik - netzWerkSicherheit