[vdr] Re: Some suggestions,

On Wednesday 02 October 2002 20:27, Lauri Tischler wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Dennis Noordsij wrote:
> >>* This one is more of a question. Does the EPG broadcaster specifically
> >> sends "now playing this show", or is the now-playing information deduced
> >> from the entire (time-based) EPG schedule? If not the latter, the
> >> recording process could monitor this information for more accurate
> >> recordings? (i.e. less time record before and after the show).
> >
> > This has often been discussed here... The EPG data is not precise enough
> > to do that.
>
> No, the EPG-data is not, but the Running Status Table in SI is.

I figured it would been discussed before, it's just that the info seems to be
really accurate (for me anyway, I guess it depends on the broadcaster, and I
could be just lucky). It consistently shows the right program, and has a
little bit of play at the beginning and the end by including (part of) the
commercials. It just looked so accurate I thought I'd ask :-)

And yup, have noticed the wealth of patches, am now waiting for my P1-133
(running Gentoo! hehe) to extract the kernel sources (let alone compile!)

Cheers to all,
Dennis