[vdr] Bug, or just me?

Hi,

Using vdr-1.1.11 on a Pentium 133 (experiment :-) , 98 MB memory, Gentoo
Linux, kernel 2.4.19-gentoo-r9, using a single Hauppauge rev 2.1 DVB-C card.

I am using the NEWSTRUCT dvb driver branch, without the new firmware (i.e. the
time shifting with one card one).

In normal viewing mode vdr takes nearly no CPU (as it should of course).

When recording however (live record, not through a timer), there are 2 vdr
threads which immediately eat up 50% of CPU time each, causing major
distortions in the "live" viewing as well as in the recording.

When stopping the recording, this continues! That's the weird part. Still 2
threads, eating all CPU, and distorting the live viewing.

However, as soon as I re-tune to the same channel (menu->channels->same
channel), CPU drops to 1% or so and the video is smooth again.

When I play back the recording, it does so with only 6% or so of CPU time,
however the picture is distorted because of the recording process.

It doesn't seem right that recording needs 100% CPU and playback only 6% ?

Note, I had about 1 gb left, and the low disk space warning appeared
throughout the recording process (don't know if that makes a difference).

I'm having some weird issues with dvbtune as well, so it could be caused by
something else, but just curious as to wether this is normal or not :-)

I've seen reports of people using a 100MHz recording and playing back over
ethernet, with no problems.

Best regards,
Dennis