[vdr] Re: Bug, or just me? - Victory! ?

Whoops. Having been annoyed for hours now that I can not get things to work
stably, even though it worked absolutely perfectly the day before yesterday,
with the exact same config that is failing me today, I now noticed a big err
on my side :-)

When I downloaded VDR it was through an -as it turned out- outdated link on
some page, and I got version 1.1.8. THAT is the version I used when
everything worked great.

So, between 1.1.8 and 1.1.11 something broke, with 1.1.8 there is less CPU
being used for recording (also appears to be only 1 thread doing any
noticable work as opposed to 2 threads with 1.1.11), and when the recording
is stopped CPU drops all the way down as it should (but doesn't for me with
1.1.11)

During recording with 1.1.8 there are no glitches, no stuttering, no "buffer
empty" messages from the kernel, and no tuning problems (whereas 1.1.11 had
all of these for me).

I feel better now :-))

----------

I do have one minor nitpick though :-) I have changed a line in dvbdevice.c to
get the modulation type depending on the disqec value in channels.conf. VDR
does not like to switch between different QAM bouquets though. If I start VDR
with the card being tuned to a QAM_128 mux, it only likes to zap between
other channels on a (not necessarily the same) QAM_128 mux.
If I start VDR with the card being tuned to QAM_64, it only likes to zap
between channels on QAM_64 bouquets.

However, dvbtune commandline will switch any channel on the first try, where
VDR does not (i.e. quit vdr, use dvbtune, start vdr). 1.1.8 not anyway, but
1.1.11 behaved the same in that regard. So I guess the reason lies somewhere
in VDR? I know you (Klaus) said you are going to add multiple QAM setting
support anyway, and you'll do a much better job than I could :-) So unless
someone already knows what is wrong, it can wait until after that.

Virtual beers for everyone on this mailinglist :-)
Best wishes,
Dennis