Ronald Steininger wrote:

>> Can somebody please help me?
>>

> I'm using
>
> alias char-major-250 dvb
> alias /dev/ost/* dvb
> options dvb init_chan=2 pids_off=0
> options SP8870 debug=1
> options saa7146_core mode=0
> below saa7146_core tuner stv0299 tda8083 SP8870 L64781 VES1820 VES1893
> below dvb saa7146_v4l

this does the trick, thank you very much!!!!

since my understanding of kernel / module internals i was not able to
figure out how to load the modules. unfortunately this seems to change
between driver versions. could somebody please maintain a "make install"
which not just copys the modules to their place but also adds these
lines to modules.conf?

> and this works fine on my system (I'm using devfs; maybe this makes a
> difference)

so do I. its a pretty current mandrake.