[vdr] Re: Why Hauppauge say PIII 500 Mhz requiered with Nexus and nova cards ???

>> If I get one of this card with a PII 400 Mhz under Linux + VDR, will I be
>> able to record without problem ? Will I be able to watch divx smoothly ?

>DivX does not use the card for hardware acceleration, so if you can watch a
>divx otherwise with your PC, you can also watch it with the card installed
of
>course. There is a plugin which partially decodes the divx, then reencodes
>MPEG1 (or 2) so it can use the hardware decoder on the card as well as the
>tv-out. (and have everything nicely integrated in DVR).

I know that the card does not decode divx, but the thing I really want to
know is: does the dix pluggin of VDR allow to watch divx throught the TV
output of DVB card, and does this player is less power hungry than Windows
Media player. Because under windows, my PII 400 is able to show divx
smoothly, but not with Media player...