[vdr] Re: Why Hauppauge say PIII 500 Mhz requiered with Nexus and nova cards ???

----- Original Message -----
From: "Maarten van den Berg" <maarten@ultratux.net>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 12:22 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: Why Hauppauge say PIII 500 Mhz requiered with Nexus and
nova cards ???

> On Monday 14 October 2002 11:53, Christof Soehngen wrote:
>
> > > what's the diffrence between the nova and the Nexus ?
> >
> > I'm not 100% sure, but the Nova is a budget card, that means, no MPEG
> > Decoder, so you can't build a complete system. You may use it to
> > enhance a Nexus for example to view another channel on another
> > transponder while recording.
>
> Hi ! I am new to the list.  I just bought a Nexus and installed VDR (the
> menu works) but have not yet installed a dish neither any experience with
> satellite dishes  (It is very difficult to get a clear view to the south)
> If you add a second (lowbudget) card, how do you connect them to the LNB ?
> Do you need a splitter or T-connector, or a Twin LNB, or a pass-through
> connection, or what ?

There are three solution:

1) You can take a twin/quad LNB (cheap, two/four cables to the two/four
receivers/DVB-cards) - about 80 EUR, no terrestrian signals available

2) Quadro-LNB with Multiswitch (four cables from each LNB to Multiswitch,
one cable between each receiver and Multiswitch) - about 40 EUR per LNB and
up from 100 EUR (depending on the numbers of LNBs and receivers), can also
transport terrestrian signals from antenna or cable)

3) Frequency-shifting-solution (only one cable through the complete house) -
about 170 EUR (TECHNISAT Disicon), only digital sat-signals, no analogue
sat, no terrestrian

Rene