[vdr] Re: Recording stopped after a few minutes

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Andreas Mair (AM) wrote:

AM> Hi,
AM>
AM> > Look at the time stamps.
AM> > Your system time has jumped backwards.
AM> > That causes VDR to rethink about the running timer and the result is what
AM> > you've observed.
AM>
AM> That's the question
AM> System time gets set by VDR using the german ARD channel.
AM> Maybe VDR shouldn't set system time while recording?
AM>
AM> Another strange thing that just came to my mind:
AM> My VDR box didn't shutdown at that day too (no RC activity time-out passed by
AM> far). I remember that the last time the VDR box didn't shutdown the system
AM> time jumped backwards too.
AM> Maybe any connection?
AM> BTW: nvram-wakeup and shutdown calls returned "0".
AM> OTOH pressing the RC's power button always shuts down the box then.

this shouldn't make any difference, if you shutdown with RC's power button
or  if  the  shutdown  script  is calles automatically. nvram-wakeup would
refuse  shutdown  if  your  system  time doesnt correspond to the hardware
clock, but in this case it would print an error message before exiting.

Before  VDR  calls  the shutdown script automatically, it waits 5 minutes.
Could  it  be that _during_ this 5 minutes the clock jupms back and messes
up the counter variable in some way? (just an idea)

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de