[vdr] Re: Recording stopped after a few minutes

> Hi,
>
> > Look at the time stamps.
> > Your system time has jumped backwards.
> > That causes VDR to rethink about the running timer and the result is what
> > you've observed.
>
> That's the question
> System time gets set by VDR using the german ARD channel.
> Maybe VDR shouldn't set system time while recording?
>
> Another strange thing that just came to my mind:
> My VDR box didn't shutdown at that day too (no RC activity time-out passed
> by far). I remember that the last time the VDR box didn't shutdown the
> system time jumped backwards too.
> Maybe any connection?
> BTW: nvram-wakeup and shutdown calls returned "0".
> OTOH pressing the RC's power button always shuts down the box then.

One thing that is always the culprit when I am having troubles keeping the
time synced is /etc/adjtime. Once it's collected (it will do this at shutdown
- syncing hw clock to system clock) false adjustment times, the time never
seems to be right after that.

Just remove it (it will be recreated with 0 time adjustment and tune itself
over time).

You could try using another method of synchronizing the time (just to see if
it works more reliably than using a DVB transponder), or of course make sure
VDR has had enough time to sync the clock to the transponder before it starts
recording. AFAIK you have to specify which transponder to tune to, so if VDR
is tuned to transponder X, then notices the timer and switches to transponder
Y, starts the recording, and THEN updates the time with that transponder you
might have a problem :)

Dennis