[vdr] Re: documentation

On Wednesday 16 October 2002 13:55, Dennis Noordsij wrote:
> Hi Maarten,

Hi Dennis,

Hurray !  It works perfectly now.  The possible reasons it didn't before
are either a bad cable that was too long and too thin, or maybe a new
channels.conf I got from http://www.dxandy.de  A third possibility is the
way I start vdr now.  Before, I just did 'modprobe dvb' and then 'vdr'.
I tried 'rundvr' instead of those two and then it suddenly did work...

> VDR requires a certain DVB setup to be already configured. Most
> notably, /video/channels.conf

Yes, I had that. The (unedited) one from the vdr distribution though.

> Basically - install the drivers, make sure they load properly and you
> see a (c) Convergence text on the tv-out when the driver is being
> loaded (this will disappear of course).

That part worked from the start.  But I received nothing.

Thanks for your help, I'll procure those tools you mentioned as well, and
I must now start to try to find a LIRC remote and configure it, and check
out some of those plugins.

VDR is great !!   :))

Maarten

--
This statement is either false or a paradox.