[vdr] Re: mix Nexus TV out with GFX card TV out ?

Hi juju,

On 17.10.02 at 10:06 juju wrote:

>> There is a new package which has scsi support over boot floppy.
>> http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=217927
>>
>http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=61561&release_id=1085
4
>> 3
>> Hey, it looks like the movix developers has read the list. ;-)
>
>Astonishiong isn't it ? :))))
I'm not related to that project, only to prevent false thoughts.
But i think it is one of the really nice finds. Maybe a killerapp.

>I will probably try that, but here again, there are still some problems:
>- I will need to do iso each time instead of burning directly the movie
>- the time to launch a film will be quit long: stopping VDR, stopping the
>system, rebooting (no keyboard here, just the remote control), the
>insertion
>of the floppy, CDrom boot and then the movie.
>- the movie will not be controllable with the remote controller :)
I had a look in to the new package and i have not seen support for scsi.
maybe not looked at the right places. I'm not really skilled in scsi.....

But you are right the best solution will be to compile mplayer by yourself.
It's not as hard as it seems. :-)
Then you can circumvent the main problems and you can look with the dvb's
and mplayer at the same time. That's then real multitasking isn't it?