[vdr] Re: multiple VDR cards

> I have got a slight hardware problem. I administer 3 boxes running VDR
> with
> V1.3 DVB - S cards each.
> Unfortunately I have only one satelite feed and DVB through does not work
> on the cards.

> I have asked about this before and somebody told me I could make Y-cables
> to work around this.

Iīm not sure if this works and if this can be dangerouos for the other
Cardīs if you use simple Y-Cables...

Think about that there are 4 Different Bandīs on the same cable:

Horizontal
Vertical
Lo-Band
Hi-Band

And each card sent signals to the dish (12/14V, 22khz) when it need one of this bands.
So if Card1 sent the command for Hi-BAND and Horizontal - all other cardīs only can recieve
only this band !

On Astra the most digital-Channels are on High-BAND so it would be enough if you can
switch between H/V.

Isnt it possible for you to setup a other LNB to the dish ?
Perhaps one with a build in Switch for 4 outputs?

Just my ideas...