[vdr] Plugin & Diseqc Question to Klaus & all Was: Re: Re: Teletext now running with 1.1.13 & a DISEQC question

Hi Rene, Klaus, all,

Rene wrote:
>I'm not using a device, but my multi-switch was reacting slow at
>channel-switching.
>The reason had been it also checked the 13V/18V/22kHz-signals
>Since I removed all entries except the diseqc-command from
>commands-section in diseqc.conf, it's switching very fast. I even
>have had to define a "W5" to get a picture before switching to the
>next channel.

I played around with the diseqc.conf quite a bit and tried a few tricks,
but it doesn`t work the way I want it to ;o)) The problem with a diseqc
motor versus a diseqc switch is that the switch is more forgiving AND
has a standard switch time. I.e. it doesn`t make a difference from what
to what you switch. The needed sleep time will always be the same. Using
a motor dish, this dooesn`t hold true, because it makes a difference, if
you switch from Astra to Hotbird (6 degrees = short way) or if you
switch from Astra to Hispasat (long way). As the channel and therefore
the satellite switch combinations are endless, there is no way I can
integrate this into the diseqc.conf via Wxxxx milliseconds. If the
wait time is too short, the DVB card (seems to) stop tuning or syncing.
If it is too long, pretty much the same happens. Besides it would be a
pain to have to wait e.g. 60 seconds (time I need from Astra to Hispasat)
when switching from Astra to Hotbird (as VDR remains black during
this time)

@Klaus: Here is part of the other mail, (Sorry if I am being impatient ;o))
which I hope catches your eye, as I really could use your help here:
The only problem left (solved all others ;o) is that I need to wait
an "exact time" (which never is the same when switching from
one satellite to the next), otherwise I don`t get a picture on the tv.

Where in the program do you cycle through a routine, which checks
that the DVB card is syncd and ready to output a signal? It seems
to me that VDR gives up trying to sync the DVB card after a certain
amount of time and / or no longer tries to access the DVB card to tune
it properly. If I could increase this time, it might work (I`m not talking
about the watchdog as I run it as ./vdr at the moment)

The motor starts up and moves to the new satellite. The debug output
says cannot sync to channel "xyz" a few times. After the motor reaches
the satellite, VDR no longer gives this messages, yet I don`t get a signal
on the TV. There are also no "panic" messages. So why and where does
VDR quite trying to tune the channel correctly? I.e. what routine gives
up after time "x" or cycle number "x"?

@Klaus & all:
Do you or anyone have plans to integrate or make a plugin for motor
DiseqC?  If not, I would like to give this a shot. If so, I don`t want to
kill anyones work.

Greetz,
Reinhard