[vdr] Re: Proposal: cutting out advertising automatically

Harald Milz wrote:

>2. We could analyze the MPEG-2 data stream for a number of sensible
>criteria (sender logo present; average loudness; ratio of scene change;
>etc, anything else?,

Cinema movies are usually recorded at 24 frames per second
and brought to 25 frames per second by a process whose
name I forgot. There may be a frame each second which is
shown twice. As opposed to that, advertising for tv is produced
with 25 frames per second. This could be a hint, too.

--
Christian