[vdr] Re: Proposal: cutting out advertising automatically

> > (Taking aside that i use my own cutting-software which takes only a few
> > seconds for a whole recording (on Premiere. ("Begin -> End -> Ready")
> > and a few seconds more for a FreeTV-Recording ("Begin -> End -> Begin ->
> > End -> Begin -> End -> Begin -> End -> Ready"). I have around 4-10
> > cuttings per day so an efficient cutting-tool is essential for me. (And
> > when i wrote my cutting-software VDR didn't had any cutting at all. (>2
> > Years ago)))
>
> Which tool? How does this it work?

Self coded. A set of Perl/Bash/C/PHP program(s).

Perl for the handling of "index.vdr" and "XXX.vdr"-files.
Bash for glueing and some "helper"-programs.
A C-Program to convert a dumped I-Frame into a "plain" Image-File to
show with "xli".

And the PHP-Program is my "GUI" for find the marks (I can only program
Browser-GUIs. :-) ). (For the shown offset a perl script rips out the
I-Frame. The I-Frame is converted to a picture and xli shows the
picture. So you can see where you currently are. If you see a point
where you can set a mark you set a mark into the "cut"-file. First line
in "cut" is the title and then you set an even number of cutting marks.
If i'm ready with the cutting-marks i run "cutall.pl" which searches for
all directorys with a "cut"-file and does the actuall cutting. Currently
this is still for the data-format of a 0.68 Version of VDR. But with a
little bit of tweaking it can be used for a current recording.)

A (mostly) "current" version of all the programs is included in the
Master-Timer Archive in the "schnitt"-Directory. (If anyone wondered
what this directory is for.)

Bis denn