[vdr] Re: Proposal: cutting out advertising automatically

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 12:49:52PM +0200, Christian Pesch wrote:
> Matthias Schniedermeyer wrote:
>
> >I-Frame
> >B-Frame
> >P-Frame [..]
> >
> I think, you've missed, that the frame types do no
> matter: At the end, they produce 25 images per second.
> And then you might compare them to find out, if two
> images nearly look the same.

But for this you would have to "decode" the frames to pictures.

For "only" decoding an mpeg-stream to pictures you need about the power
of an PII/III 500Mhz to do that in real-time. Now you have to add the
time/power you need to analyze the picture.

OK. Decoding could be done by the DVB-S card but i don't think that you
can watch via TV-Set and at the same time DMA the picture into the
memory of the computer. But this maybe untrue, someone should as the
driver developer if this is possibel. Then you only have the step of
analyzing the data.

Bis denn